- Where are you from? Born in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Where do you live now? Toronto, Canada
- Does the place you live have an effect on your art? I’m sure that on some levels it must have an effect. Inspiration comes from everywhere even from places that you don’t expect.
- What did you do before devoting your life to art? Various jobs, including at a bank, at a design firm and an art gallery.
- How did you get a career as an artist? I’ve always had the passion and I was given an opportunity to contribute artistically at an art gallery. When my first painting sold, I was commissioned to create a new piece, etc…
- What job did you have before becoming an artist? Various jobs, including at a bank, at a design firm and an art gallery.
- When did your career in the arts start? I consider my job at the design firm the beginning. That is where I was introduced to the demand for commercial artwork and gathered connections with some of the local galleries.
- What is your biggest inspiration for art? Color, I’m inspired by beautiful color! I can see a stunning sunset and photograph it and incorporate a similar array of color in a floral or decorative creation.
- When did you first know that you wanted to be an artist? When my first commissioned artwork sold within 2 days of hanging.
- Have you always worked independently or have you worked with a team since the start of your career in the arts? Which do you prefer? I worked in a team at the design firm and more independently at the gallery. I like the communication aspect of a team but my creativity definitely coms from within.
- What kinds of art styles have you tried? I have experimented with many styles.
- Aside from art, what are some of your favorite hobbies? Hanging out with my children at the park or going for a run on the beltline are the 2 that stand out.
12 x 36
- PS352-A12 x 36
- PS351-A36 x 30
- PS349-A36 x 30
- PS345-A34 x 36
- PS344-A24 x 36